I made this for tea last night and thought I’d share my recipe as it’s so easy to make and a massive favourite in my house. You can alter the vegetables and spices in the recipe as much as you want and again, like my Macaroni & Leek Cheese recipe, this one is Slimming World friendly- in fact this one is totally syn free- massive bonus!
- 1 Small Gammon Joint (All visible fat removed)
- 1 chopped Red Onion
- 2 chopped Peppers
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed or finely chopped- whichever you prefer)
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Smoked Paprika
- 1-2 Teaspoons of Chilli Powder (Add more if you like it spicy!)
- 6 Tablespoons of Tomato Puree
- 2 Tins of Baked Beans
- 200ml water
Absolutely simple. Shove everything into the slow cooker, mix it all together and place the gammon joint on top of the other ingredients. Leave it to cook on high for 6 hours then turn it to low until you’re ready to serve it. Just before you’re ready to serve, use two forks to pull the gammon joint literally to shreds and mix it all up. That’s it- dish up and enjoy!
Mother Hermit xx