I thought I’d share one of my favourite Slimming World recipes with you. To be honest I think I might share a few because I alter most of them but keep them free or of very low syn value. And I make sure everything is filling because let’s face it- no one wants to eat a bowl of lettuce leaves everyday do they?! Well, only if it’s the side dish to a scrummy meal!
This recipe was featured in the Slimming World magazine early last year I think. It’s a big hit in our house, whether we have it as a main or a side dish to our bbq’s- everyone loves it. So here’s my slighty altered version;
*Remember to use the grated cheese as your Healthy A (approx 40g) or if you’ve already had it that day you can leave the extra cheese out or just syn it- the rest is all FREE!*
- 300g dried Macaroni
- 250g Quark
- 200g Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 2 Leeks
- Handful of Baby Spinach
- 6 Table Spoons of Tomato Puree
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 300ml Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 100g Reduced Fat Cheddar (grated)
- Cook the macaroni and drain.
- Slice the leeks and put them in a pan with the vegetable stock and garlic. Bring to the boil and simmer until the leeks have softened.
- Mix the Quark, cottage cheese, tomato puree, eggs and salt & pepper together.
- Combine all of the ingredients (keep a handful of the grated cheese to one side) and transfer to an oven proof dish. Cook at 190 for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling. Sprinkle a handful of the cheese on top 5 minutes before it’s finished cooking.
And that’s it- dinner sorted!
Proud to be linking up with;